Data Protection Notes of Messe München GmbH
Messe München GmbH (“Messe München”) thanks you for visiting our website and for your interest in our company and products. We take the protection of your person-related data very seriously. We would like you to feel at ease when you visit our website.
Protecting your privacy is of optimum importance to us. Therefore, compliance with legislation on protecting data privacy is self-evident for us. Our employees are obligated to maintain data secrecy. They are regularly trained in the areas of data protection and data security. In the following, we would like to outline briefly how we handle your personal data within the context of our website and how we protect these data.
1. Who is responsible? Who is the data protection officer?
a. Responsible for this website
Messe München GmbH, represented by the Managing Director Mr. Klaus Dittrich
Tel.: +49 89 949-20720
Fax: +49 89 949-20729
b. Data protection office
Messe München GmbH
Data Protection Officer
Tel.: +49 89 949-20720
Fax: +49 89 949-20729
2. What are personal data? How do we protect personal data?
a. Personal data
Personal data refer to individual information about the personal or material relations of a certain or identifiable natural person This includes information such as your name, postal or email address, and access data in the context of using our website. Personal data are also stored by us in addition to the access data only if you voluntarily provide us with this, e.g., in the context of a registration, a survey, a prize contest, a contact request, a subscription to a newsletter or to carry out an online order. In addition, personal data are only used to the extent necessary and for the sole consented purpose or a legally permissible purpose. For secure transmission of your data, Messe München GmbH uses encryption procedures in secured areas. This means that the communication between your browser and our ordering system is not readable for others on the internet, for example. Apart from that, the use of our ordering system is deemed as consent to the storage and use of your data by Messe München GmbH and its partners.
b. Access data
By accessing our website, Messe München GmbH receives access data that is stored for security purposes and in principle permits identification of:
- The name of your internet service provider
- The country you come from
- The website from which you are visiting
- The search term if you come to our site via a search engine
- Our websites that you visit
- The user tool (web browser, operating system), with which you have accessed our website
- Files that you have downloaded from our site (e.g., PDF or Word documents)
- The duration of your visit
- The date and time of access
3. What do we do with your personal data?
a. If you use our website or our contact form
(1) Provision of our website
The provision of this website requires the handling of personal data, for example, the IP address for the retrieval of the content displayed on this website.
These data are evaluated by Messe München GmbH and enable us to optimize our offers as a whole and make the content more specific for you personally, e.g., to recognize you as a returning visitor to our website. If you have an existing data record, the new data can be assigned to it in many cases. The IP address of the computer from which the access is made is only stored for backup purposes for a period of one month.
You also have the opportunity to contact us via our contact form. We collect the personal data for this that you enter in the contact form.
(2) Legal basis
The handling of your personal data for the provision of this website and for communication via this website is based on our legitimate interest. For the provision of this website, it is technically necessary that we process certain personal data (e.g., the IP address). For your communication with us, we must handle the respective personal data.
(3) Balancing of interests
As part of the required balancing of interests, we balance your interest in the confidentiality of your personal information and our interests in the provision of this website in establishing contact with each other. Your interest in confidentiality is secondary in both cases. Otherwise, we could not provide you with access to this website or respond to your contact request.
(4) Recipient categories
We use service providers to provide our website. We transmit personal data to these service providers for this. These service providers are contractually obligated by us to exercise the same care when handling personal data as we do ourselves.
These service providers are subject to the same strict data protection regulations and are also included in the data protection concept of Messe München GmbH.
Personal data are only transmitted to state institutions and authorities in the context of legal or judicial obligations.
b. When you buy online tickets from us or register online with us as a visitor, trade visitor or exhibitor
(1) Online tickets and legal basis
You can buy online tickets for trade fairs and congresses via our website. We process the personal data for this that you enter in the order form. The processing of your personal data takes place for preparing, executing and processing the corresponding contract.
In this context, Messe München only processes personal data for the purpose of Messe München’s business purposes. This is necessary for carrying out the tasks of the exhibition and exhibition industry in economic, scientific and cultural fields. The tasks include in particular the holding of trade fairs, exhibitions, congresses and similar events, taking care of the exhibition interests of the City of Munich and the Free State of Bavaria at home and abroad, the promotion of the economy by organizing trade fairs, exhibitions, congresses and similar events as well as the operation, maintenance and further development of the exhibition center in Munich, Messestadt-Riem.
To this end, Messe München maintains exhibition and exhibition facilities, congress and meeting rooms, which it uses or rents for events. The Messe München also operates this for certain events and special internet offers.
The processing of personal data is carried out in particular for the handling of business processes in connection with the above activities, for your information and for promoting our events and services (based on Section 7 para. 3 of the Law on Unfair Competition [UWG]), for their optimization as well as market and opinion research. You can object to the sending of electronic mail by sending an email to the following address:
(2) Registration as an exhibitor or visitor and legal basis
You can register as a visitor, trade visitor or exhibitor on our website. For this purpose, we process the personal data that you provide to us as part of your registration.
The processing of your personal data takes place for preparing, executing and processing the corresponding usage contract (license agreement).
You do not have to register to participate in events of Messe München and its subsidiaries. Of course, you can also buy an anonymous ticket at the ticket counters without registering. Our hosts and hostesses as well as our service center and the exhibition project management will support you in doing this.
Without registration, we are unfortunately unable to provide you with services such as online advance sale or simplified repeated ticket purchase, match-making, travel services or other services of Messe München.
This does not apply for you as a visitor in the following cases:
- For pure trade visitors’ fairs (currently ISPO Munich and INHORGENTA MUNICH) In this case, we need the data necessary to confirm trade visitor status.
- If you want to redeem a voucher; in this case, we need your name and contact details for the reasons mentioned below under “Exhibitors”.
In particular, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Purchase of (discounted in part) tickets for our events
- Redemption of vouchers, tickets and Print@home tickets, with which you can avoid possible waiting times at entry to a trade fair
- Registration of future tickets “with just one click”
- Delivery and payment for other offers of Messe München (e.g., trade fair directories and catalogs)
- Review of trade visitor status, because some of our events are reserved for a specialist audience (e.g., ISPO Munich and INHORGENTA MUNICH).
- You can better plan your trade show visit in advance, because we can give you advance announcements, technical information and other materials for the events that you are interested in and can specifically recommend exhibitors or services to you.
- If you are an exhibitor, the data help us to run your trade fair presentations smoothly, provide you with a selection of individually tailored service offers, and present you the products, services and marketing offers of Messe München.
- Your voluntary participation in our market and opinion research helps us to improve our events and our service offer.
- Prevention or detection of abuse and fraud, especially with respect to vouchers and free tickets
- Possibly. easy updating of your personal information via the internet
Data collected later is also assigned to the customer account. For example, these include the data collected data when you order tickets, the number of a voucher of an exhibitor inviting you, and email addresses of other persons for whom you also order tickets at the same time as you order.
You may have multiple customer accounts if you registered with us using different email addresses.
(3) Recipient categories
We only forward the data to third parties to the extent described below. Some of the recipients are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Please also note the following section in this context.
- Group companies: Messe München may transmit the personal data of its exhibitors to its group companies, provided they wish to be informed about their events and services. Group companies are correspondingly required to comply with data protection requirements. The group companies of Messe München can be found on our homepage https://messe-muenchen.de/en/company/international-network/subsidiaries/.
The forwarding of personal data of visitors to group companies only takes place for visitors, for whom the respective group company acted as an intermediary. In a larger group of companies such as Messe München, it cannot be ruled out that individual companies, parts thereof or rights to events will be sold to third parties or acquired by Messe München. In such transactions, customer data are usually transmitted as well. Your personal data are protected according to the requirements of data protection in such cases.
- Foreign representatives of Messe München: Messe München may transmit data about visitors and exhibitors from its respective area of representation to foreign representatives of Messe München, who act as sales partners for Messe München, e.g., for example, when ordering and paying for tickets from foreign visitors via our foreign representatives. The forwarding of personal data to foreign representations only takes place for exhibitors and visitors, who come from the respective representation area of the respective foreign representation. The foreign representatives of Messe München can be found on our homepage https://messe-muenchen.de/en/company/international-network/offices-worldwide/.
- Promotions: We sometimes send offers to groups of visitors or exhibitors, send them on behalf of third parties, or organize contests ourselves. In this case, the ordering party receives neither your name nor your address or other personal data unless you voluntarily give your consent.
- Exhibitors: When you redeem a voucher, we transmit your data to the exhibitor, who invites you with the voucher for a trade fair visit to his booth. This serves billing between Messe München and the respective exhibitor. We also want to make sure that you can properly use the voucher provided to you. In addition, exhibitors can use a lead tracking service, with which the individual exhibitor scans the barcode on your ticket and consequently receives your contact data, similar to a business card. These are in detail: Company name, salutation, title, first and last name, position, postal address, country, telephone number(s), email address and any other information that you have provided about your interests and/or your company. If you hand over your visitor or exhibitor pass, e.g., a business card, to an exhibitor for scanning, the exhibitor receives access to the above information. Unnoticed data collection without your participation does not take place. In accordance with the international character of the trade fair (or the congress), exhibitors who are located outside the European Union and consequently outside the scope of European data protection laws are also represented. In this case too, you may object or agree in individual cases to the disclosure of your data by refusing or offering your ticket for scanning.
- Service providers: We commission service providers with the fulfillment of tasks for us, e.g., sending emails, payment processing (credit card, direct debit and invoice purchases), data maintenance, data analysis, and customer service. These service providers only have access to the data they need to fulfill their tasks specified by Messe München. They are contractually obliged not to use the data for other purposes, especially not for their own purposes, and must protect the data as provided for in this data protection declaration and the relevant data protection laws.
(4) Special data protection notes
The transmission of data to the extent described above may be made to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in some cases. Some of these countries do not have a level of data protection comparable to the level of protection within the EU (e.g., USA, China or India). To protect your data, our non-EEA Group companies and contractors, to which data are to be transmitted, for example, foreign representatives, are required to provide appropriate data protection in accordance with EU standard contractual clauses for the transmission of personal data to third countries.
You can find the EU standard contract clauses at the following link:
You can also find information on international data protection at the following link:
c. If you apply online with us
(1) Online application
You can apply online to us via our website. You first have to register on our application portal. We process the personal data for this that you enter in the application form.
You can then submit your application. For this purpose, we process those personal data which you specify in each case and which you provide us with in the context of your application, e.g., via your documents.
(2) Legal basis
(a) The processing of your personal data in the context of the application portal takes place for preparing, executing and processing the corresponding usage contract (license agreement)
(b) The processing of your personal data in the context of your application is only to prepare an employment contract.
(c) Your application will only be stored for a longer period of time if you give us your corresponding consent. You can revoke your consent with future effect at any time.
(3) Recipient categories
In the context of application procedures, we transmit personal data to other companies in our group of companies and to service providers in the context of service provision.
(1) General information about cookies
Cookies are small text files used by many websites worldwide and in Germany. Cookies are created during your visit to our website and stored by our server on your hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personal data. In addition, cookies stored by our servers can only be read by us and not any third-party website. Most browsers are set in such a way that they automatically accept cookies. If you do not wish to benefit from the advantages of cookies, you can deactivate this function in your browser. Please refer to the individual setting options of your browser. Of course, you can view our website without cookies. However, this can result in restricting functions with respect to our offers.
(2) Legal basis
The legal basis for our handling of your personal data for the provision of our website is our legitimate interest. As part of the required balancing of interests, we always balance your interest in the confidentiality of your personal information and our interests in the provision of this website (including its provision). Your interest in confidentiality is secondary in such cases..
(3) Conversion tracking using third-party providers
This website uses third-party tools for analysis purposes. These tools measure the effectiveness with which users are addressed by advertisements (“conversion tracking”).
If you click ads from one of the third parties listed below, a conversion tracking cookie is placed on your computer. If you visit a particular website, the third party and we may recognize that you have clicked the ad and have been redirected to this page. This enables us to collect data that is relevant to our advertising efforts. We may learn the total number of users who clicked an ad, the visit duration, the operating system, the terminal model, the location, paid transactions, and in which functional scope mobile apps were used. No personal information about the identity of the user is disclosed.
Should you not wish to participate in the conversion tracking process, you can also reject the required placement of a cookie for this, for example, via your browser setting that generally disables the automatic placement of cookies. For example, use the “Do not track” option (“DNT”) of your internet browser.
We work together with the following third-party providers in the context of conversion tracking:
- bing Ads Conversion Pixel
More information about data protection and cookies of the Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond WA 98052-6399, USA, can be found here.
- Firebase Analytics für Apps
More information about data protection and cookies of Firebase, Inc., 22 4th St. Suite 1000 (10th Floor), San Francisco, CA 94103, USA, can be found here.
- Ligatus Conversion Pixel
More information about data protection and cookies of Ligatus GmbH, Hohenstaufenring 30-32, 50674 Cologne, can be found here.
More information about data protection and cookies of etracker GmbH, Erste Brunnenstrasse 1, 20459 Hamburg, can be found here. Consent to collect and store data within the context of etracker may be revoked at any time with future effect revoked.
- Outbrain Conversion Pixel
More information about data protection and cookies of Outbrain Inc., 39 West 13th Street, 3rd floor, New York, NY 10011, can be found here.
- „DoubleClick by Google“ (Accuen Conversion Pixel)/Google Adwords Conversion Pixel
You can prevent storing of cookies on your computer via a corresponding setting of your browser software. However, we point out that you might not be able to use all functions of our website to their full extent in this case. You can also prevent the recording of data generated by a cookie with respect to your use of the website by Google as well as the processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via the following link in the item “DoubleClick” deactivation enhancement.
Further information about data protection and cookies of Google can be found here.
- Twitter Conversion Pixel
More information about data protection and cookies of Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA, can be found here.
- Seeding Alliance Conversion Pixel
More information about data protection and cookies of Seeding Alliance GmbH, Lichtstr. 25, 50825 Cologne, can be found here. Consent to collect and store data by Seeding Alliance may be revoked at any time with future effect.
- LinkedIn Conversion Pixel
More information about data protection and cookies of LinkedIn Corporation, 1000 West Maude Avenue, Sunnyvale CA 94085, USA, can be found here.
- ORACLE ELOQUA
More information about data protection and cookies of ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG, Riesstrasse 25, 80992 Munich, can be found here.
- Sizmek Conversion Pixel
Further information about data protection and cookies of Sizmek, Inc., USA, can be found here.
- Facebook Conversion Pixel
More information about data protection and cookies of Facebook, Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA, can be found here.
- Aumago Retargeting Pixel
More information about data protection and cookies of Aumago GmbH, Neue Schönhauser Str. 20, 10178 Berlin, can be found here. Users can delete cookies at any time either directly in their browser, manage cookie preferences at www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or disable cookies from Aumago at www.krux.com/krux_privacy/consumer_choice/.
- Quantcast Conversion Pixel
More information about data protection and cookies of Quantcast Deutschland GmbH, Leopoldstrasse 23, 80802 Munich, can be found here. Users can also disable cookies from Quantcast at any time at www.quantcast.de/opt-out.
(4) Other tools for marketing and optimization purposes
We also use the following tools for marketing and optimization purposes:
- Google Adwords Remarketing Pixel
By means of the remarketing or “similar target groups” function of Google Inc. (“Google”), we can address visitors to the website with advertising in a targeted manner with personalized, interest-based ads when you visit other websites on the Google Display Network. To carry out this analysis of website usage, which forms the basis for the creation of interest-based advertisement, Google uses “cookies”. For this purpose, Google saves a small file with a sequence of numbers in the browsers of website visitors. This number records website visits as well as anonymous data about the use of the website. No personal data of visitors to the website are stored.
Additional information about Google remarketing and the data protection declaration of Google can be found at: www.google.com/privacy/ads/.
- Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager is a solution that enables us to manage various website tags via a single interface. The Tag Manager tool itself (which implements the tags) is a cookie-less domain and does not collect any personal data. The tool triggers other tags, which in turn may collect data under certain circumstances. Google Tag Manager does not access these data. If deactivation occurs at domain or cookie level, it remains in use for all tracking tags, which are implemented by Google Tag Manager.
- Quantcast Remarketing Pixel
Quantcast provides us with a service for user measurement and advertising purposes. Using Quantcast remarketing, we can provide our visitors to the website with targeted advertising. Quantcast associates the information about your website visit or your app use with a unique identifier (your cookie ID), but not with your name, email address or telephone number. You can find more information in the data protection declaration of Quantcast. You can opt out of Quantcast’s advertising and data collection at any time: www.quantcast.de/opt-out/.
Additional information about Quantcast and the data protection declaration of Quantcast can be found at: www.quantcast.de/datenschutz.
We use the service Eloqua for optimum communication with our customers. The Eloqua server of the provider ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG, Riesstrasse 25, 80992 Munich is located in the EU. In the context of support and administration services, it cannot be ruled out in individual cases that individual employees of Oracle Corporation outside of the EU have access to user data as part of their contractual service provision. As a precaution, we have ensured an adequate level of data protection at Oracle Corporation by providing adequate guarantees in the sense of the Federal Data Protection Act. Eloqua places a permanent cookie on the respective login page unless an Eloqua cookie already exists on your terminal. If you have already used a website that uses Eloqua, you might already have an Eloqua cookie. Among other things, we use the Eloqua cookie to analyze your use of our sites, so that we can continually improve them. Emails sent using Eloqua use tracking technologies. We primarily use these data to find out which topics are of interest to you by tracking whether our emails are opened and which links you click. We then use this information to improve the emails we send you and the services we provide and to link them to existing tracking or profiling information. If you want to prevent the use of Eloqua cookies on your terminal in the future, this is possible via the following link: www.oracle.com/legal/privacy/privacy-policy.html#opt-out.
If you do not wish us to recognize your computer (hard disk cookies), you can also set your browser to delete cookies from your computer hard disk, block all cookies or warn you before a cookie is stored. If you do not accept cookies, you will not be able to use some of our services. Generally, cookies enable us to identify who you are and consequently to offer you better and more personalized services.
- LeadLab (wiredminds)
For marketing and optimization purposes, products and services of wiredminds GmbH (www.wiredminds.de) are used on this website. For this purpose, data are collected, processed and stored, and used to create usage profiles under a pseudonym. Where possible and practical, usage profiles are completely anonymous. Cookies may be used for this purpose. Cookies are small text files that are stored in the visitor’s internet browser and serve to recognize the internet browser. The collected data, which may also contain personal data, are transmitted to wiredminds or collected directly by wiredminds. wiredminds may use information left behind by visits to the websites to create anonymous user profiles. Without the expressed consent of the person concerned, data collected in this way are not used to identify the user of this website personally and are not linked with personal data via the holder of the pseudonym. Any IP addresses possibly collected shall be anonymized immediately after collection by deleting the last number block. Consent for the collection, processing and storage of data can be revoked at any time with future effect.
SalesViewer® technology from SalesViewer® GmbH is used to collect and store data for marketing, market research and optimization purposes on this website. These data can be used to create user profiles under a pseudonym. For this purpose, tracking pixels are used to collect company-related data. The data collected with these technologies are not used to identify the visitor of this website personally and are not combined with personal data of the carrier of the pseudonym without the individually granted consent of the person affected.
Consent for data collection and storage can be revoked at any time with effect for the future to prevent the collection by SalesViewer® within this website in the future. This stores an opt-out cookie for this website on your terminal. If you delete your cookies in this browser, you must click the link again.
- Lead Inspector
For the statistical analysis of visitor access, technologies are used to collect, process and store data for marketing purposes and to recognize web visitors. Lead Inspector GmbH technology determines addresses based on this information, but only in cases where it can ensure that it is a company and not a single person such as a visitor. Cookies may be used for this purpose. These are small text files, which are stored on your computer and enable analysis of the use of the website by you. The company data collected by Lead Inspector GmbH may also contain personal data. Lead Inspector GmbH may use information that is left behind by visits to the website to create anonymous usage profiles. Any IP addresses possibly collected shall be anonymized immediately after collection by deleting the last number block
Withdrawal: Consent to collect and store data by Lead Inspector GmbH may be revoked at any time with future effect.
e. If you use our social media offers
(1) Facebook and other social media offers
You have the opportunity to follow us on Facebook and on other third-party social media platforms (e.g., LinkedIn or XING). For this purpose, we handle those personal data that you provide to us in each case or which are made available to us by the respective platform operator about you insofar as they are made available to us. You can control the privacy settings yourself on a social media platform.
(2) Legal basis
Our handling of your personal data as part of our social media offers is based on our legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 f) of the GDPR. For the provision of our social media offers, it is technically necessary that we process certain personal data (e.g., the IP address and personal data that you have provided to the respective platform operator or us).
As part of the required balancing of interests, we balance your interest in the confidentiality of your personal information and our interests in the provision of our social media offers with each other. Your interest in confidentiality is secondary in such cases. Otherwise, we would not be able to provide you with our social media offerings.
(3) Recipient categories
We use service providers to provide our social media services (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn and XING). The data you submit to us as part of our social media offers are also automatically transmitted to the respective social media platform operator.
4. How long do we store your personal data?
We will delete your personal data if the purpose of storage is no longer necessary and no statutory provision requires a retention. Statistical evaluations are made only in anonymous form.
5. What are your rights as an affected person?
Please contact our data protection officer for the exercise of your rights and the revocation of your consent.
a. Your rights as an affected party
You have the following rights toward us regarding your personal data:
- You have the right to request information about any personal data that we process from you at any time.
- If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to correct and supplement it.
- You can request the deletion of your personal data at any time unless we are legally obliged or entitled to process your data further.
- If statutory requirements exist, you can request limitation of the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to object to the processing insofar as data are processed for the purpose of direct advertising or profiling. If the processing is carried out based on balancing of interests, you may object to processing, stating reasons that arise from your particular situation.
- If the data processing is based on your consent or under a contract, you have a right to transfer the data provided by you insofar as it does not infringe upon the rights and freedoms of others.
b. Revocation of your consent
You can revoke your consent with future effect at any time.
6. What possibilities do you have to file a complaint?
You have the right to file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority concerning our processing of your personal data.
The following data protection supervisory authority is responsible for us:
Bavarian State Office for Data Protection
Promenade 27 (Schloss)
Tel.: +49 981 53 1300
Fax: +49 981 53 98 1300
7. Do you have any questions or comments?
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding data protection at Messe München GmbH, please feel free to contact our data protection officer by email.
München, Juni 2018